Roasting romanesco is super easy and really delicious. The prep time is less than 5 minutes. The texture of the spiral romanesco is a fun vegetable to eat and the flavor is sweet and mild. Roasting with olive oil, salt and pepper brings out a sweet nutty flavor that compliments many different types of dishes.
The first thing you need a a nice head of Romanesco. Look for one with out too many dark spots or wilted leaves. Check out our guide to Romanesco.
If you look closely at the romanesco you will see a fascinating and mesmerizing pattern of growth unlike any other vegetable.Print
Roasted Romanesco is easy, nutritious and takes very little prep time. With just a few ingredients enjoy the mild and sweet flavor of Romanesco.
- Head of Romanesco
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut the romanesco in half. Cut those halves into halves and repeat until you have 8 wedges of romanesco. Add to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add romanesco to baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Flip romanesco after about 15 minutes. Test for doneness after 25-35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To speed up the cooking time trim the stalk thickness.
- Serving Size: 1/2 head
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 417mg
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Fiber: 10.6g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: romanesco, vegetables, vegetarian, roasted vegetables
Did you make the roasted romanesco? How do you roast your romanesco?Let us know how you enjoyed it.